Over one year, I'm going to ride the Tour de France. In my living room. I'll track where I am with Google Earth/Maps, and try to learn a little about France while I 'ride.'

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Five by Five


View Larger Map So today I went ten miles, in two 5 mile segments. (I had to hop off to give my little guy some ice cream and do some other stuff.)  



Which puts me at 71 miles, over halfway to the end of Stage one! By now I'm crusing along at 20mph, occasionally pushing it to 25 if I'm trying to finish before a commercial comes on or a show ends. My butt still hurts but if I stop focusing on it, I can usually ignore it.  


Today I realized I had some wrong measurements, though. The 2008 TdF, which is what I have maps for, is 2,211.8 mi, not 2,237. So... rounding that up a little, I would have to go six miles every day in order to finish in a year. That... doesn't seem like much of a challenge anymore; I went ten today not even breaking a real sweat! But then, I haven't gotten sick or lost a day I didn't plan for either, so maybe I shouldn't go changing bikes horses in the beginning of a race, either. IDK, when I first started, it seemed crazy, some kind of pipe dream... now I'm wondering if maybe I'm not setting the bar a little low. 


Well, I can always finish early, right?  


I also have another goal- I'm going to try to grow my hair out, which is actually my super-secret reason for taking vitiyums. So to kind of document where my hair is now... By the way- I don't need better lighting, I actually DO live in a dark and shadowy underworld populated only by night creatures and the occasional blogger. Honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Catalog

About Me

My photo
I have the mutant superpowers of finding good parking spaces and being able to make left-hand turns easily.

NeoCounter

Followers