Over one year, I'm going to ride the Tour de France. In my living room. I'll track where I am with Google Earth/Maps, and try to learn a little about France while I 'ride.'

Sunday, December 6, 2009

56 miles! Almost halfway through stage one!

Yes, I took yesterday off, but I knew I was going to be busy yesterday, since I was helping my friend host a houselighting party for a house that can almost be seen from space, which is why I went 10 miles on Friday. 

Today I realized that the ten miles wasn't so bad (when I get on, my 'cruising speed' is now 20mph rather than 15) so I figured I'd try it again- I started off with five, sat down to watch the Alice miniseries, and hopped back on for commercials, and bam! Ten miles more.
View Larger Map Today I am near Hôtel Restaurant Les Bruyères. Under their dessert menu, I noticed they had something called, "Omelette Norvégienne." I'd never heard of a dessert omelette before, so I looked it up- turns out it's Baked Alaskan. 


Until today, I had a vague idea Baked Alaskan was a salmon dish of some sort... it's basically ice cream baked inside a cake and meringue. Which sounds delicious! (Not that salmon isn't good, but it's no baked ice cream!) So not only is this good for me, it's educational!  

At least, that's what I plan on telling my husband the next time he sighs and picks up the remote to turn up the volume over my whirring and squeaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Catalog

About Me

My photo
I have the mutant superpowers of finding good parking spaces and being able to make left-hand turns easily.

NeoCounter

Followers