Over one year, I'm going to ride the Tour de France. In my living room. I'll track where I am with Google Earth/Maps, and try to learn a little about France while I 'ride.'

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back in the saddle again...

Some offline stuff ate up my day yesterday (more on that later, if anything comes of it, but I will say- I not only roll, I also ROCK)

I went seven miles today, to get back into making things easy to count. Which puts me at Mile 7, stage two, or about halfway between Le Cosquer and Treavec. I can't find anything out about the latter, but Le Cosquer has a nice little B&B with an English site. The place looks beautiful!


View Larger Map

A Gîte, in case you're wondering, is a French guesthouse where the owner lives onsite or nearby. They even have Gîtes d'Enfants, which are special, family-friendly places for rent.

You know, starting this project, I really didn't have much interest in visiting France, I figured maybe one day we'd make a side trip from Ireland (I have family there) or something, but not a full-blown vacation in the country. I am slowly but surely talking myself into a quite expensive proposition. But I'm enjoying doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Catalog

About Me

My photo
I have the mutant superpowers of finding good parking spaces and being able to make left-hand turns easily.

NeoCounter

Followers