Over one year, I'm going to ride the Tour de France. In my living room. I'll track where I am with Google Earth/Maps, and try to learn a little about France while I 'ride.'

Monday, January 4, 2010

Apparently, I am le tired...

I completely fell asleep on the sofa after dinner, and I'm a little worried that if I try to start Stage 2 NOW (it's 11pm my time) I'll rev myself up enough that I can't get back to sleep. But I can take in my virtual surroundings before starting the trip tomorrow!

So, Stage Two (I am so excited to be in Stage Two!) is another 103 Miles, running roughly up the peninsula from South To North. I'm starting out in Auray, below. (If you click on the map, it'll take you Google Maps, you can click on the "More" button in the top of the map for photos, it's a very pretty town.) As far as I can tell, I'm at the intersection of Rue Aristide Briand and Avenue du President Wilson. And this place seems to be pretty good food, maybe I'd settle in for a nice dinner and nightcap first. Hmmm... if I'm going to keep this up, I'd better look into actually learning some French.

I looked into the Rosetta Stone language trainer- wow! Just one level is $229.00! So I'm perusing Craigslist and e-mailing a couple tutors instead. (Hello, tutors!) I think I just want to learn enough so I can read simple sentences and say nice things about places. Also, it would be nice to know a couple really good curse words for times when my skirt gets wound in the pedals or I have to stop for a second to let the dogs out.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Catalog

About Me

My photo
I have the mutant superpowers of finding good parking spaces and being able to make left-hand turns easily.

NeoCounter

Followers